Re: [TowerTalk] Upgrading from Rohn 25 to 45

To: "'Mike'" <k4gmh@arrl.net>, "'bob finger'" <finger@goeaston.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Upgrading from Rohn 25 to 45
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:36:20 -0400
Hi Folks,

Now that I've worked on my writing skills, I am thinking that the pier-pin
base is going to be weaker than the embedded section base that I have now
when handling simple moment forces.
Isn't there a way to somehow use all that metal and concrete to keep the
tower standing up?

Obviously, the brackets will continue to do their job and the structural
sturdiness of the larger sections is an advantage, but I'm wondering if I
would be trading one problem (lighter tower) for another (pier pin base)?

Any thoughts?

Any more grammar or punctuation lessons?
:-)

73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964