Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex Rotators-- Big Rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex Rotators-- Big Rotators
From: <sabrams@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:13:34 -0400
I am in the process of refurbishing a two-inch Telrex rotator that has given
over 30 years of reliable service.  It has been turning a 4-element 20 meter
beam on a 57 foot boom and a 4-element 15 meter beam on a 35 foot boom, on a
three inch moly mast.  I have made a coupling to convert the three inch mast
down to a two-inch mast to go throught the rotator, but that coupling has
been the source of "rotator slop" and ultimately wear on the mast clamps.  I
have been toying with the idea of converting the rotator to a three-inch
rotator by replacing the rotating tube and bearing.   So, I was wondering if
anyone has a "dead" three-inch Telrex lying around?  I am specifically
interested in the rotating tube with the sprocket and the bearing upon which
it it sits and rotates (I don't need the motor or gearing).  Thanks for any
help.  73  Saul  K2XA  Albany, NY