Re: [TowerTalk] Side Mounting Yagi's

To: w0yk@msn.com, "'Dan Levin'" <djl@andlev.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Side Mounting Yagi's
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:18:57 -0400
Another technique I've seen used with bigger yagis is to mount a plate
horizontally inside the tower with tabs u-bolted to all three legs.  A short
tube supporting the yagi is then u-bolted to the plate at 90 degrees from the
intended azimuth, and the usual boom-to-mast mount is used to attach the yagi
to that.  The obvious advantages are that the load is distributed to all three
legs and the azimuth is independent of the tower orientation.

73, Pete