Re: [TowerTalk] Arc during Lightning storm

To: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>, "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Arc during Lightning storm
From: "Chuck O'Neal" <cdoneal@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:52:20 -0400
This is actually a very different phenomena from the induced charge from a
local lightening strike.  Charge build up due to wind and sand are due to
electrostatic charge transfer identical to the "Van de Graff" generator.
The results can sound the same but the energy in these induced electrostatic
charges is usually very low, resulting in no damage unless a solid state
device in in the path!

Chuck...K1KW