Re: [TowerTalk] Too much showing :-)

To: "'Nick Pair'" <daweezil2003@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Too much showing :-)
From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 11:58:44 -0700
That's a good idea, Nick.  Actually I was thinking I would make the pad a
bit thicker than the 1.5' the plans show but I hadn't thought about going
that much thicker.  For one thing, I was planning to bury horizontal ground
rods around the tower as I backfilled so I'd want to be a bit deeper than 6
inches, but I wonder how much deeper?  You've got me thinking now, if I
formed two ft of the pier I could get by with two sheets of plywood instead
of four and the forms wouldn't be so heavy.

Thanks,
JC