Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding base slab and pier tower bases

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding base slab and pier tower bases
From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:46:12 -0700
Fellow TTers,

We have had an interesting discussion of grounding methods and I sure
learned something new from the Ufer ground discussion.  Now, keeping in mind
the LXC Prime Directive (FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS) I wonder
what to think of this advice from the manufacturer of my new tower (Dan at
AN-Wireless):  "I'm no expert on grounding by any means, but I do know that
ground rods must not be placed through concrete into the foundation / rebar
in any manner, nor should the tower base be bonded to the rebar."  I seem to
remember similar advice from US Tower when I installed my current tower.

73 - JC, K0HPS