[TowerTalk] Planting a Second Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Planting a Second Tower
From: wn0x@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:58:30 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I am adding a second tower to my installation,  a 70' HyGain crank up.

My existing tower (which stays up) is a HyGain 52' crank up with a HyGain TH6.

I planned on placing the second tower 70' from the first, either directly West
or North of my existing 52' tower.  This is so I could experiment with a wire
beam or 40 meter NVIS antenna and use the second tower for support.

I also planned to experiment with a beam facing east and west for contests like
the SweepStakes (QTH is in MO) to make switching back and forth quicker to the
East/West.

I am interested in suggestions from the group or ideas for locating the second
tower.

Thanks,

Rich