Re: [TowerTalk] Coaxial Inverted L

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coaxial Inverted L
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:35:43 -0400
A better description can be found on pages 72 and 73 of the August 1984 CQ
magazine.  The only change that I
have made was to use coax for the entire antenna instead of TV twin lead for
the portion above the short.  (I found
that it made no electrical difference, but was mechanically stronger).

The CQ article does reference pages 599-600 of the 1976 Radio Amateur's
Handbook.

Other than more detailed construction information, I only have about 20 years
experience with these antennas
which I also scaled for other bands -- all with DX results that ran rings
around my former dipoles and inverted Vs.

73s
   Bruce