Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum radials

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum radials
From: Nick Pair <daweezil2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:02:09 -0700 (PDT)
Yes I have heard of this. Years ago when I used it I think it was called zinc
chromate and was a primer for aluminum. This maybe different to what you refer
to, but I have also seen the stuff in aircraft and surplus military radio gear(
the jungle proofing was different) on Al panels. I don't think it would survive
the direct burial test because somewhere it would be scratched and breakdown at
that point. I've never seen a conductor with this type of coating but it maybe
in use somewhere. ;-)

  Thanks for reminding me of this product. I have some aluminum I was thinking
of painting ( bare aluminum dish on tower to stop corrosion in the acidic rain
we have here) with spray paint and was wondering if it would stick. I know it
will over chromate primer.

  73
  Nick
  WB7PEK