[TowerTalk] Grounding the tower..alternatives

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding the tower..alternatives
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:20:07 EDT
Braided or solid...that is the question.

Neither.  Being a typical ham, I'm cheap.  Most hamfests have  short lengths
hardline.  I got some nice air filled 1/2 inch stuff for  free which I pounded
flat.  It has lots of surface area and is easy to work  with.  Another
alternative is to pick up scrap strips of 6 inch wide copper  flashing and to
cut
into thinner strips.  Again lots of surface area and if  you get it at a scrap
metals dealer, it's cost effective.

By the way, for those of you who are familiar with my station, the last of
the 200 footers is coming down today.

Bill K4XS