Re: [TowerTalk] 80' tower in SF Bay area (update)

To: jc-smith@comcast.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80' tower in SF Bay area (update)
From: "KA9OFM John Garrett" <ka9ofm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:23:53 -0500
JC,

I have used oil and used diesel in the past for this but I have found
something that is even better and your wood will remain free for another use
of any kind that you want.

Wrap the plywood with Saran Wrap and then put it in place. There is no need
to worry about the oil drying out and your wood will separate without any
problem at all. If you have access to a shipping dock most have large rolls
of plastic wrap that they use to secure a skid of small boxes with. You
probably can buy a roll from a dock supervisor or they may just give you
one. Just wrap it on the plywood so the wrap is vertical when the board is
in place as this will prevent the pouring of the concrete to catch a pocket
that could be open.

I think you will like this method. It is a lot easier than using oil or
diesel.

73

John, KA9OFM