[TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57 B40 HD on Versatower M60

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57 B40 HD on Versatower M60
From: "Geert Hofman" <Geert_Hofman@Jabil.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:27:41 +0100
Hi,

I am new to this reflector, so maybe asking a question already raised...
sorry...

I am contemplating buying a Mosley PRO 57 B 40 HD. My rotor is able to
turn this thing , but I am still a bit concerned about my tower. I have
a Versatower M60 ( standard type 18m ) unguyed, which I always leave
extracted up to wind speeds of about 80 km / hr ( = 50 mph ) and which I
fully retract for any higher windspeeds. Would anyone be able to tell me
if this is feasible ? Seems OK and maybe I have to start retracting the
tower at lower wind speeds...

Looking at all the technical data it seems OK, but any gutfeeling
"negative" impressions

Thanks

Geert <Gerry>

Amateur radio Station : ON4IG