Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Radius vs Ant Height

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RFI Radius vs Ant Height
From: "Stone, Gary R." <Gary.Stone@va.gov>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 07:28:12 -0500
My experiences only:  When I was using a Cushcraft A4S at 45 feet I had
a little TVI trouble in my own house (no close neighbors).  It showed up
on some frequencies and was noticeable but not a real nuisance (from my
perspective of course).  Then I changed to a new tower and new antenna.
I now use an Optibeam at 80 feet and a Force 12 at 92 feet and have
noticed NO TVI problems of anykind.  So, that is my experience and I am
therefore convinced the extra height made a difference to TVI.

Gary, N5PHT