Re: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods

To: britech@earthlink.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods
From: "KA9OFM John Garrett" <ka9ofm@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:58:01 -0500
Truthfully, I don't see that it would make any difference. I have never
heard that it did, and if you think about it the ground is going to get
saturated and dried out many times around your ground rods. The only thing I
have ever heard and try to follow is to use 8 ft ground rods because they
will usually be in good contact with moist ground even when the surface may
have been dry for many weeks. I'd make the job as easy as possible if it
were me.

John, KA9OFM