Re: [TowerTalk] inexpensive dummy loads

To: "TOWERTALK Reflector" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] inexpensive dummy loads
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:57:03 -0400
Just few years back (wasn't all that long ago) when we had the world wide
openings on 6-meters I head a station call CQ several times but didn't get
an answer.  His signal wasn't all that strong but it was pretty good copy on
SSB, so I gave him a call.  (I'm running 100 watts to 7L at 115 feet).  The
station came right back and said he was really surprised that I heard him.
He was listening to the opening with his new rig by having stuck a short
piece of wire in the SO-239 on the back of the rig.  He was running a 5W rig
setting on the floor with a few feet of wire sticking out the back. He was
in Honduras, I'm in Michigan (EN73) and he was 5/6, or 7 as I recall.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)