Re: [TowerTalk] different OCF dipoles? - measured impedance curves

To: Eugene Hertz <ehertz@tcaf.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] different OCF dipoles? - measured impedance curves
From: Larry Phipps <larry@telepostinc.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:09:51 -0400
My son is a recent ham, and he uses an Alpha Delta OCF dipole (135').
If you want to see the R+jX measurements of this antenna at about 45',
go to www.telepostinc.com/lp100.html and scroll down to the middle of
the page. I show graphs of the antenna as measured by my HP-87510A VNA,
AEA CIA analyzer, Autek VA1 and my LP-100 Digital Vector Wattmeter.

It's a surprisingly good looking set of impedance curves, and the
antenna performs quite well for my son who only uses 10W with an
Elecraft K2. The K2 is able to match it on all bands with the built-in
tuner.

73,
Larry N8LP