Re: [TowerTalk] Wasps and tower climbing

To: "'Wes Cosand'" <wes.cosand@gmail.com>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wasps and tower climbing
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:50:27 -0500
Is it a swarm, or a nest?

If a nest, haul up a can of wasp and hornet spray to kill them.  Be sure to
wear a waterproof hat and preferably thick clothing and gloves.  And, of
course, make absolutely sure you are connected to the tower via a
fall-arrest device.

If a swarm, just avoid climbing until they go away.  If you see only a few
wasps on the way up, it is doubtful they will sting you.  I have been at the
top of my 150 foot tower and had the occasional wasp light on the tower near
me.  They always seem curious but eventually just fly away.

73, Keith NM5G