Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter loop

To: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@bellsouth.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter loop
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:27:53 -0400
I think it depends on what you want....From you description, I gather you
are putting the loop up vertically - if so, it will be an excellent
performer for DX (from ON4UN's book), when loaded to provide vertical
polarization.  It mounted horizontally, it will still be an excellent
performer, and will cover the US very nicely.  This is the antenna I would
use for Field Day or Sweepstakes....You will still have some opportunities
for DX, especially when it arrives at high angles...

YMMV

Scott