[TowerTalk] W5GN Antenna Issue - Lost First Round

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] W5GN Antenna Issue - Lost First Round
From: Nick Pair <daweezil2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:48:54 -0700 (PDT)
First off I'll say that I'm not a lawyer in any state but it occurred to me
that you may have stumbled onto the answer to your problem.
Can you file an easement with the deed to the property you also own for the
antenna crossing the property line. It's done all the time for driveways,
utilities, and any other thing that a none owner wants to do on a piece of
land. In theory you would have to do this even on a piece of wire used in a
wire antenna that a neighbor allowed you to tie to their tree!
They may have a little problem with the post facto easement but it does give
them a solution that is politically neutral.
They might be afraid that if they gave you a variance that there would be a
flock of people seeking the same treatment but a easement would only be given
if both parties agreed on it, not an official and one party.

Anyway I hope you can get a agreeable settlement.
Good Luck,

Nick
wb7pek
Somewhere out in the boonies of Washington State.