Re: [TowerTalk] Full Wave Loop Through Trees

To: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Full Wave Loop Through Trees
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:10:47 -0500
I use a compound bow and arrow (fishing arrow since it has a nice hole in the
rear of the arrow and I also place a
screw-on BNC connector on the front of the arrow as a weight) to put up my
coaxial inverted Ls.  For 160M this
usually involves going over multiple trees (I have a pair on 160M, a pair on
75M, 4 square on 40M, and a 4 square
on 20M).  I shoot the fishing line over the tree (or trees) and then attach a
3/16 inch nylon rope to the arrow end and
then reel the rope back to the fishing rod.  Then I attach the end of the
antenna insulator (or whatever) to the end of
the nylon rope and pull it back over the tree (or trees).  I do use electrical
tape on the end of the insulator to help it
pass through the branches.  Works great.

Recomnmend that you chose (or paint) the arrow a flourescent color to assist in
determining where it ended up.

No trees have been harmed using this method since the BNC connector does not
stab the trees.

Good Luck.
   73
     Bruce