Re: [TowerTalk] Full Wave Loop Through Trees

To: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Full Wave Loop Through Trees
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:45:21 -0400
I put up a 80 meter loop at my St. Simons Island, GA (IOTA 058) home in late
1991.  I just looped it thru the trees.  I do have an insulator on one side
(this side broke twice).  I had to add 12 feet to it to make it reach the
Van Gordon connector.  Its just laying on branches for the most part.  I
found that it was way below 3500 but I use a tuner and it works good om 80
to 10 including the WARC bands. From 1992 to 1994 I worked 6K QSos on the
IOTA frequencies.  I also placed as Division Leader for Low Power in the
1992 ARRL DX SSB.

Most of the time I ran 100 watts but I did one ttrip with a Clipperton L.
Ran Europe on 75 3.790 one nite running 700 watts out.

73 Dave K4JRB