Re: [TowerTalk] 75m wire beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75m wire beam
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:30:44 -0600
It should work, but remember you have the same challenges making this
work correctly as you do for any other beam. It will have a narrow
bandwidth.  Move a little off frequency and the beam direction will
probably reverse, become bi-directional, or the gain simply disappear.
Because of the low height, the take-off angle will be higher than
desired. It should offer some gain, but not as much as you would like
because of the low height. But it doesn't sound like a lot of trouble,
so give it a try. If you have some software to model this, it would be
helpful.

Jerry, K4SAV