Re: [TowerTalk] Questions about Irrigation Pipe for Verticals

To: "Talk Tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Questions about Irrigation Pipe for Verticals
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:46:59 -0500
You will need ±63 feet of 3" irrigation pipe.  I found a thin wall conduit
that fit inside, barely.  I had to slit the conduit lengthwise and compress
it with a couple of SS hose clamps.  It then slid in.  I used 1.5 foot
sections of conduit to make each splice.  I also put a 4' piece into the
bottom section to strengthen it where I clamped it to the cantilevered
4x4's.  I built a full size 4 square with this technique and it stayed up
for the 7 years that we lived in SoCal.  I guyed my towers at the 25' and
55' levels but it really only needed the 25' guys.  Any questions, call me
at 813-643-3034

Bob  W6TR
Valrico, FL