[TowerTalk] K4AVU Coax Crimper

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K4AVU Coax Crimper
From: "Rick Kourey (K4KL)" <rkourey@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:07:48 -0500
As a final comment to the coax crimping thread, I use a coax crimper developed
by K4AVU that has been highlighted in QST and CQ Magazines.  His advertisement
is shown in blue below and I hope the attached pictures of his crimper come
through.  I have no affiliation with his product or sales and have just been a
satisfied user of his coax crimper.  This crimper has been a very easy tool to
use since it only has two bolts to tighten to firmly crimp the connector to the
coax shield.  Unlike some other hams, I go one step beyond crimping by quickly
soldering the shield through the soldering holes of the connector using a very
heavy duty soldering iron with a large chisel tip.  I have probably crimped
over 40 PL-259 connectors with no problems to date.

K4AVU Coax Crimper

An alternative is available for those of us who struggle to solder the "shield"
connections on standard PL-259 coax connectors.

The K4AVU Coax Crimper fits around the part of the connector where the solder
holes for the shield are located and crimps the body of the connector firmly in
place.  Simply solder the center pin connection, twist on the connector's
coupling ring, and you're good to go!

The K4AVU Coax Crimper works with nearly all varieties of ½-inch diameter coax
cables, and also when using standard UG-175 and UG-176 reducers for smaller
diameter coax cables types, such as RG-58, RG-59 and RG-8X.

Price: $37.00 for U.S. shipping.  Dimensions: 2.5" x 1.5" x 5/8".  For more
information or to place your order, contact Paul Marsha', K4AVU, 200 Garden
Trail Lane, Lexington, SC 29072.  Payment personal check or money order.

Email: k4avu@yahoo.com.