Re: [TowerTalk] Max Unguyed Rohn 25 height to support dipole end

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <kdm@ctcn.net>,<TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Max Unguyed Rohn 25 height to support dipole end
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:18:45 -0500
OK - I was assuming that the dipole was going to be at the center and draped
inverted V style. I didn't think about using multiple towers - guess that is
what happens when I assume.  When set up as an inverted V, it would not be
as bad, since the forces would be roughly equal and opposite.

Using two towers with the dipole between them, and the dipole on a
centenary, then the forces are offset - and they would be at the max rated
load - no disagreement there.

Regardless of the height - it will still be less that 40 feet in the
air.....kind of pointless as everything will go straight up in the air and
warm the clouds....

Scott