Re: [TowerTalk] Tensioning guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tensioning guys
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:59:51 -0500
Well, I'll try again.  I posted this about two hours ago but nothing turned
up.

> The best way to do this is to get two more Klein grips (or use Big Grips
> backwards) and two more come a longs.  Then you tension everything to
> about 80% of final tension all the while using your surveyor's transit

The local hardware store had a device used to grab cables. It's based on a
double cam typ lock.  I hooked one of those to the end of the Phillystran
(sp?) and my come along. Pulled the cable tight, lined things up, and then
installed the Big Grip. Being under tension made the installation much
easier.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)