Re: [TowerTalk] Common Mode Chokes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Common Mode Chokes
From: "Kimo Chun" <kimo@lava.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:18:09 -1000
Jim,

Thank you. I did look at both your paper for the society and the Power Point
data (plus more at your site). I was in a hurry to get new filters ready for
our work scheduled this past weekend so I didn't contact you or Chuck for
clarifications of questions that came to mind when I read and compared the
two articles on some of the exact points you made. I look forward to your
paper intended for radio amateurs.

Note: Your paper to the society is basically the same as the other document
listed earlier (higher) on your site and it prints out perfectly. The other
one only prints out your charts and such with no text (I either
selected-all, cut and pasted it into Word or perhaps just tried to print the
HTML data). I'm afraid I still do better reading from paper than from a
computer screen when I want to refer back and forth to earlier text or
graphics. So much for the "paperless society".

I will try to use your design and see in practice whether one core will do
as well as you say. Then I'll have many cores left over to use elsewhere.

I'll report back our results.

73, Aloha

Kimo Chun, KH7U