Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Haolgens AND . . .

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Haolgens AND . . .
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:23:51 -0600
Jim,
In most big cities, you will find a store that specializes in Lighting.  They
*** should *** be able to get the "better" products that are much less likely
to cause RFI. You may have to get to a clerk who knows what you are talking
about as you may end up talking to a Interior Designer in that type of store.

As to your reference to Wal-Mart, Home Depot and their ilk:

As the Department Manager of Plumbing and Electrical for Lowe's in Murray
Kentucky, I can tell you that it is the public that has driven the better
equipment from the shelves.  When I stocked some of the high end Lutrons (very
quiet and dependable - I use them in my own home) they sat on the shelf till
the computer Non-stocked them due to no or low sales.  99% of my customers
could not care less if the dimmers were noisy electrically or otherwise.
Builders want the absolutely least expensive thing that will even come close to
what they trying to do.  I had to direct the few customers who DID care to a
lighting retailer (South Fork Lighting) in a town 40 miles away (Paducah KY).
And they went.  They would come to me for the basics and elsewhere for the rest.

Sad, but that is the situation of many consumer goods.

Clint - W5CPT