Re: [TowerTalk] Dumb Question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dumb Question
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:49:04 -0500 (EST)
Scott,

The only dumb question is a question not asked.

free space wavelength is the correct description of the dimension you are
looking for, use the speed of light to calculate it.   There are lots of
formulas you could use,
such as 984/f for a wavelength in feet, or 300/f for a wavelength in meters.

I prefer 11803/f for a wavelength in inches.

All of the above will tell you that 1/8 wavelength at 3.8 MHz is 32 feet 4
inches.

Good luck with your antenna project!

73
Frank