Re: [TowerTalk] Fallen tower may rise again

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fallen tower may rise again
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:40:07 -0500
Unfortunately being there first is no longer a valid reason to be
there.  Folks today have discovered that they are always right and can
get their way if they scream loud enough.  The news media is really good
at twisting facts to suit the folks screaming.

I laugh every time someone bitches about noise at an airport after
buying a house nearby.  They did not think to look at what was there
first.  Very few people living near airports were there before the
planes started flying.  Same with  gun clubs, towers gas stations, etc
etc.  We seem to have little tolerance for others these days.

Right now my area is in a terrible fight.  Folks want cell service and
complain mightily to the authorities that the cell carriers are ignoring
them.  But when the carrier tries to get permission to build a tower
these same folks show up in droves to protest its construction.  Go figure.

Happy Thanksgiving all.  73 bob de w9ge