Re: [TowerTalk] stacking monobanders

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stacking monobanders
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:22:46 -0800
EZNEC DISAGREES??
It seems that most often an assumption is made that "effectively" for
antenna height refers to dx propagation.  My modeling of a 3 element 40m
Yagi shows that the maximum gain of the antenna is within a db for heights
between 70' to 130' and falls off only ~3 db when lowered to around 45'.
However the elevation angle of the maximum gain lobe does benefit dx
propagation as the height is increased.

This lowering of the elevation angle is of "effectively" benefit for dx but
instead may be detrimental, depending on the distance desired--e.g.
Sweepstakes contesting.
k7puc