Re: [TowerTalk] Roof Counterpoise

To: "Jason Reber" <jreber@thebluezone.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Roof Counterpoise
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 16:46:39 -0500
Hi, Jason.... your idea will definitely work... no doubt about it. You will
be able to radiate RF well enough to make it well worth trying. Beyond that,
it's the sort of thing you simply have to try in order to find out how well
it will work. I built something similar years ago and it worked pretty
good.... about as good as the beer can vertical. There will be those who
doubt it will work. The world is full of people who don't think anything
homebrew will work anymore... either that, or they want to know for sure
that something will work perfectly before they even start to build it.
(Those guys never build anything if there's no guarantee.)  Of course, in
the end, you yourself may find it doesn't work as well as you'd like, or as
well as something else you'll eventually come upon. But the essence of ham
radio is "try it and see"... so I would encourage you to do just that... try
it. Regardless of whether it's the the best darn antenna you've ever had (it
just might be!) or just sorta so-so (could end up that way too) ... you will
enjoy having made it and you'll learn something from it.  What more could
you ask?  Go for it!!
73, Jerry K3BZ
73, Jerry K3BZ