Re: [TowerTalk] Roof Counterpoise

To: "'Jason Reber'" <jreber@thebluezone.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Roof Counterpoise
From: "Trent and Lorraine" <vk4ti@sampson.net.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:06:46 +1000
Hi Jason,

I used a vertical mast mounted here for the last five years and it works
fine, the one thing to take into consideration is almost every backyard
style installation on HF is a compromise even if you get everything right
the neighbours stereo /computer speakers will bounce off the wall and this
is part of the fun (?) of amateur radio i.e. getting it working. My old
house had iron roofing and it was great with a butternut HF 6 v I worked
DXCC easily without a beam antenna. I recently bought a VK version of the
Butternut and it will go up in a similar location: on top of the shed.
Using the compromise style of antenna for some time I like the idea of the
rabbit wire under the tiles, so I'm off today to buy some. Thanks for the
idea !

Cheers

Trent

Trent Sampson