Re: [TowerTalk] You think you have line noise !

To: "'Gedas'" <w8bya@mchsi.com>,"'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] You think you have line noise !
From: "k6xyz" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:31:49 -0600
I have a JPS ANC-4  http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps/0094.html
and my experience is mixed. About 80% of the time it is ineffective
regardless of the sense antenna polarity or configuration.
If there is more than one source of noise you can only null out
one....perhaps.
I did discover that it seems to work better if the station antenna is a
vertical.
Generally, I thought the unit and others like it are vastly over-hyped and
while it CAN work, you will have to spend a LOT of time configuring the
sense/station antenna relationship to get it to have any effect.
I think I got shafted.

Regards

Dave Harmon
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net