Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials

To: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>, <donovanf@starpower.net>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:40:28 -0800
Maybe we're talking two different things here.
I had 60 ft of 3" tubing up with guys at the
top and middle.  The top guys failed in a wind
storm and the top half folded over.  Same thing
happened several years later.  I'm not making
this up.  We're in an 85 MPH zone.  If you do
the calcs, you can see that 30 ft of .050 wall
3" pipe is not self supporting at that speed.

Rick N6RK