Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning: antenna selection, equip protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning: antenna selection, equip protection
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:20:19 -0500
First, Season's greetings to you and congratulations on the new location and
station.
Second...Pretty much what Joe said<:-))
Start with a good ground system and go from there.
My trap tribander is just a relatively inexpensive and used TH-5 and it's
still working.
I've said before, my tower and antennas gets hit an average of 3 (verified)
times a season although it was
five times this past season. Since finishing up the ground system I've had
no problems. Still, after all those hits the next one could be a super
strike and fry the whole place.

Roger (K8RI)