[TowerTalk] New tower info request

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] New tower info request
From: "Roger Kissel" <kc8hz@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:50:12 -0500
Hi all

I'm planning to put up a new tower for HF and even tho I've done this
before, I have never gone as high as I plan to go this time. All towers in
the past have been under a hundred feet. I plan to go 150 this time.

I will be using 45 and guy it at the heights recommended by Rohn. However, I
haven't been able to find recommended or approved guy tensions. I understand
equal tensions and making sure the tower is straight all the way up. I also
know that there will be a certain amount of 'sag' in the guys. However, I
haven't been able to find out how much pull I should have on the guys.

Is there a correct pull ?

I do know that guys should not be tensioned to more than 10% of their UBS.
However, this doesn't mean that if I go to a larger cable, I will
automatically pull harder.

Any ideas ?

Roger
KC8HZ