Re: [TowerTalk] Repairing CDE/HyGain/MFJ antenna rotators

To: <jpk5lad@cox.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Repairing CDE/HyGain/MFJ antenna rotators
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:50:30 -0600
I read this post with some interest as I too have a HAM type rotor that I would
like to go through. I recently placed a post on TT asking for a repair
procedure and was given one in PDF format by a ham who used to repair rotors.
He sold a repair kit and the instructions were part of the package.

I must greatly disagree with one step of your instruction though.  Please never
use Gasoline as a degreasing agent.  Gasoline is a motor fuel and is VERY
dangerous whether or not it is used inside or outside (as suggested on your web
site).  There are many commercially available cleaners and degreasers which are
not any where near as dangerous as Gasoline and actually do a much better job
at cleaning, degreasing and not leaving any residue when done.  Of course with
any cleaning chemical follow the directions and heed the warnings of the
manufacturer.

Clint - W5CPT