[TowerTalk] tower at airport

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower at airport
From: "rca" <rca@rcallen.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 03:25:36 -0600
I want to put up a 60 foot tower at 32:47:30.797 N, 98:03:28.370.  This is 1800
feet northeast of runway 13/31 at the Mineral Wells, Texas airport (KMWL).  The
airport manager, K5MWL, told me that where I am located anything up to 75 feet
in height would be 'no problem'.  I am concerned about the FCC rule about 1
foot of height for every 100 feet from the airport.  I don't want to invest
time and money into the installation only to have the FAA/FCC tell me later
that I am in violation.

  The way I read the FCC rule in Part 17 (17.6) of 47 CFR, I need to notify the
FAA and possibly get a waiver from them to present to the FCC.  I don't fully
understand all this. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Richard Allen, W5SXD