Re: [TowerTalk] tower at airport

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower at airport
From: "Roger Kissel" <kc8hz@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:35:51 -0500
I have to laugh at the regs for towers and other obstructions that are a reasonable distance from any airport. They must have been written by politicians and bureaucrats who have never been in a plane.

Being a pilot, I know that unless you're over the numbers on the runway, if you're 60 feet above the ground, you are in serious trouble. And at 60 feet, you will be at ZERO feet within just a few more seconds. It doesn't matter how far/close you are to/from any airport.

Hit my tower and I get paid some serious bucks from my lawsuit and/or your insurance.

Roger
KC8HZ

Re: [TowerTalk] tower at airport
I want to put up a 60 foot tower at 32:47:30.797 N, 98:03:28.370. This is 1800 feet northeast of runway >13/31 at the Mineral Wells, Texas airport (KMWL). The airport manager, K5MWL, told me that where I >am located

Get Hilary Duff?s homepage with her photos, music, and more. http://celebrities.live.com