[TowerTalk] Rotors etc.

To: <towerTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotors etc.
From: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:30:22 -0000
I claim no originality for the use of a rubber coupler. I had a practical
problem, and needed to resolve it....it just goes to prove that "great
minds, think alike"........just one correction to add to the description of
the yagi support, the roller bearing referred to in the text, is a tapered
roller bearing, and so the weight of the yagi is transferred, using a fixed
collar on the yagi support/drive shaft, which rests on the outer edge of the
bearing centre track, is via the bearing, to the structure of the mast head
unit.
I have just read a report in the local newspaper, that the winds of last
week, in this area, were gusting at 90mph, and so, I am well satisfied with
the performance of my yagi to rotor flexible coupling system, the outcome
has been well worth the effort and expense.....73, John G3JVC