Re: [TowerTalk] Towers and Open Wire Feeders

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>,"Adrian Rees" <rees.a@btconnect.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers and Open Wire Feeders
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:51:51 -0800
At 09:47 AM 2/2/2007, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
>We use 50 ohm unbalanced to 450 ohm balanced transformers
>at the ends of our 450 ohm open wire line (about 250 meters long).
>Then the radio and antenna use short lengths of standard 50 ohm coax.
>We run the system at a low SWR.

What do you use for transformers?  (i.e. core material and size) at
what power level?

(I just got a copy of Soft Ferrites by E.C. Snelling (supposedly the
ultimate reference on the subject) from the library at work. It's
pretty heavy going, and it's nice to have some actual examples to
work through... might as well be useful ones...)

Jim, W6RMK