Re: [TowerTalk] ROTATOR SHIMS

To: towertalk@contesting.com, duffind@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ROTATOR SHIMS
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:06:58 EST

In a message dated 2/23/2007 6:29:42 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,

>  I need to add shims to my rotator to better center the mast  for concentric
rotation.  Not having done this before, I am curious  what others have used
for shims and what type of material they used.   Thanks

    You didn't mention the rotator but I'll assume  it's a HAM IV or
TailTwister. I've never worried about shimming them unless  there was some bind
in the
system.

    The rotator  plate/mast/thrust-bearing/bushing/taper-top/whatever system
is not precise so  you probably don't have to worry about it. Nonetheless the
previous responses  suggesting shim stock or other options are all good ones.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams