Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Interactions

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Interactions
From: "Ken Kinyon" <w7ts@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:31:08 -0700
hello,
Not having a super station, I take exception to David's comment.
first of all it is very easy to strengthen the boom of a 40-2 CD  and I imagine
also Cushcraft's newer beam (if necessary), so that they don't require bracing.
Secondly, at the height that the average guy  deals with (60 feet or less),
every inch of height on the lower bands is important for DX. So I strongly
recommend at these "regular guy" heights, if at all possible, put the lower
frequency antennas on the top.  It might look goofy, but it will work better.
73,
Ken W7TS