Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Dipole Meets High Voltage Electric

To: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Dipole Meets High Voltage Electric
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@hughes.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:23:57 -0600
Jeff-
When I commented on Rogers post, I did NOT mean the problem, or his
answer were trivial- Far from it. I was referring to some of the
answers that came earlier. Your problem is very real.
Two aspects to the possible solutions are : prevent contact, or: make
sure that if contact occurs, damage does not happen. (Insulation
addresses this aspect)
Another area of approach is to make sure you are  aware that contact
HAS occurred before you turn the rig on. Possibly, an indicator light
(Neon?) to short the antenna to ground when it is not in use?  It
might be possible to get a duplicate of the indicator used on the
fence charger itself.  Test it before depending on it.
Bill-W4BSG