Re: [TowerTalk] Tower winch failure

To: "Dino Darling" <dino@k6rix.com>, "KT2Q" <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower winch failure
From: "Greg" <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:48:51 -0700
Also keep in mind MOST other winches are designed/rated for pulling, not
lifting.  Please don't think because a winch is rated for 1500 lbs pulling
it will lift that weight safely, it will not.  The Fulton/Bulldog winches
are rated for pulling and lifting, that's why tower manufacturers supply
them with their towers.  If you are careful not to get lube on the discs and
maintain it properly.  I plan to replace the discs and pawl assembly every
few years.....probably whenever I replace the cable.  May be a bit overkill,
but cheap insurance and peace of mind.

GL
Greg
AB7R