[TowerTalk] FS: MonstIR, Rohn 55G, and guying hardware NEW

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FS: MonstIR, Rohn 55G, and guying hardware NEW
From: "Christopher J Galbraith" <cgalbrai@umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:39:46 -0700
Hi gang,

This could be a good opportunity for someone looking to put up a MonstIR
soon, especially if you are close to Michigan...

Our student club's (The University of Michigan ARC) tower project has hit a
major stumbling block and we must sell our new and never installed Rohn 55G
tower and MonstIR antenna system.  To make a long story short, after an
initial "go ahead" was given for our proposed system, an engineer corrected
an erroneous axial load profile and we were told that our roof will not
support the tower/antenna system.  Unfortunately, this error was found after
we had already purchased our hardware.  We are now working on a smaller
system, and in the mean time, must liquidate the equipment we have already
purchased but cannot use.  If you know of someone looking for the hardware
listed here, please pass along this information.

Some good deals are possible for someone who buys multiple items and can
pick them up.  Please contact me with any questions at all.  My email
address is cgalbrai@umich.edu and my telephone number is (734) 678-2779.

Note that the buyer is responsible for the shipment of any of the items.
Pick up is preferred, but we will do our best to help arrange shipping via
truck.  Our building does have a loading dock.  All of the equipment is
located in Ann Arbor, MI (zip 48109), about 20 miles SW of Detroit, MI.

1. MonstIR (SteppIR) full-size 40m-6m Yagi-Uda, with 6m reflector kit,
N-connector, and mast plate drilled for 3 inch mast, control box, 200 ft of
control cable, and complete instructions.  This antenna retails for $4717.
We are asking $4245, available immediately.

This is a NEW, never installed, "never seen outdoors" antenna.  The boom
assemblies were partially assembled indoors, but can be disassembled for
shipping, or picked up partially assembled.  Everything else is still boxed.
This antenna was purchased in late 2006.

2. Rohn 55G tower hardware, all NEW, never installed, purchased from WB0W in
late 2006, including:

a. (4) 10 ft Rohn 55G sections, $881 for all sections
b. Rohn BPL55G top bearing plate, $339
c. Rohn TA55G torque arm, $339
d. Rohn BPC55G base and pier pin, $117
e. Rohn SA253US side arm, $157
f. (2) Rohn TB4 3 in thrust bearings, $289 for both
g. (2) WB0W acc. shelves, drilled for TB-4, $221 for both

3. Guy hardware

a. 500 ft 1/4 in EHS on reel, $119
b. (6) 3/8 in turnbuckles, $150 for all
c. (12) thimbles, $19 for all
d. (12) preforms, $57 for all

4. Mast and clamps

a. Mast, 22 ft, 3 in OD, 0.25 in wall chromoly, galvanized, purchased from
WB0W in late 2006.  This mast weighs 170 lbs.  $700
b. (4) mast clamps and bolts, DX-Engineering DXE-SDS-300P and DXE-SDSBOLT-6,
$201 for all

Thanks and 73,

Chris KA8WFC
(734) 678-2779