[TowerTalk] Radials looped instead of Soldered?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials looped instead of Soldered?
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:45:12 +0000
<<<I tried that method in Colorado and found that with time the loops would
become loose due to endless expansion and contraction of the metals
due to the large temperature swings that occurred at ground level. I also
found corrosion with time due to the dissimilar metals in contact with each
other. I did not see the dissimilar metal corrosion using tinned spade lugs.>>>

I thought about that and am using lock and star washers and hope that will keep the nuts and bolts tight for awhile. I checked them a few days ago and they seemed okay after being out there since Nov. 2004.

rob / k5uj

i'm making a difference.?Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join Now. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtagline