Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn-25G Removal

To: Sean Morgan <seanmhome@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn-25G Removal
From: Dennis Severns <hamrigger@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
Sean

If I were anywhere near Georgia I would come and take it down for you! But I am
in Colorado. I  will recommend that you use some sort of temporary guy system
such as a strong rope anchored to something in the direction opposite of the
power lines to keep the tower from swaying as you are removing sections. And
use another rope (and someone to handle it) as a tag line to control the
sections as they are being lowered. So it is best to have at least 3 people
working on this unless you can find a good rigger who can do it all for you. I
am assuming that you have access to a gin pole. Just keep every thing under
control and you should have no problems.

Call me if you need any help

Dennis Severns kc0sul
Tower Tech/Rigger
303-903-3446

Sean Morgan <seanmhome@comcast.net> wrote: Hi guys,

I have located a Rohn 25 tower, which is about 50 feet tall. The tower
is mounted about 10' or so away from some high voltage power lines. The
tower is not guyed. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the
tower down on the ground safely?

Thanks in advance,

Sean
K4ZF