Re: [TowerTalk] Morrison Tower Jack

To: "Jeff Griffin" <kb2m@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Morrison Tower Jack
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:44:46 -0500
Thank you for the picture !

I have been following this thread because, like others I thought the original
poster was talking about the "Tower Jack" that is used to separate tower
sections that have become stuck.  I have been involved with towers since 1966
when I joined the Military and installed and maintained towers literally all
over the world in my 20 years with Uncle Sam's World Wide Travel Club. I became
a Ham in 1991 and installed a few for myself and other local Hams.  I even
worked at Texas Towers for a while and Gerald taught me a lot of things that I
had not encountered before, but I will have to say I have never seen the
pictured "Tower Jack". Like others, I have used a variety of 'other' things
such as Tractor Mounted Back Hoes, a Tow Truck and Purpose Built Erection
Fixtures to accomplish the same thing.

I presently have two sections of Rohn 20G with a home made bracket on the top
to push hinged base towers up.

I guess the day is not a waste when you learn some thing new.

Clint - W5CPT